Primary AppointmentProfessor, Anesthesiology
- MD, Medicine, University of Belgrade School of Medicine
- PhD, Pharmacology, University of Illinois School of Medicine
- Intern, Medicine, Loyola University School of Medicine
- Residency, Anesthesiology, Washington University
- MBA, Business and Administration, University of Virginia
Mechanisms by which anesthetic drugs interact with neurotransmitter systems in the central nervous system to produce pharmacological and toxicological effects.
Another important aspect of my research is focused on pathophysiology and pharmacology of the neuropathic pain using whole animal models and variety of neurobehavioral tests. This research is federally funded by NIDA/NIH.