Dean, School of Medicine Search
The Opportunity and Position Description
UVA is seeking a highly accomplished and entrepreneurial academic leader with a demonstrated ability to grow and the ability to elevate the SOM in pursuing its missions of clinical care, research, education, and community engagement. The Dean position requires someone with a bold vision for the future of academic medicine in a global society. Collaborative leadership skills, a willingness to break down silos, the ability to build trusting relationships, and the desire and drive to push for change are required skills. The new Dean will be a talented physician who is capable of acting as a major institutional leader at the SOM, UVA Health, and the University.
A PDF of the position description is available here.
Nominations and Applications
Spencer Stuart has been retained to help with this search. To apply or nominate a candidate for this position, please reach out to UVADeanSearch@spencerstuart.com.
- Reid Adams, Chief Medical Officer and Chair of Surgery, Co-Chair of Dean’s Search Committee
- Karen Johnston, Associate Vice President for Clinical & Translational Research, Professor of Neurology, Co-Chair of Dean’s Search Committee
- Karen Ballen, Cancer Center Director of Stem Cell Transplantation
- Lena Bichell, School of Medicine Class of 2023
- Pam Cipriano, Dean of the School of Nursing
- Wendy Horton, Medical Center Chief Operating Officer
- Courtney Lattimore, Co-President of the Housestaff Council
- Doug Lischke, Chief Financial Officer, UVA Health
- Emily McGowan, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine
- Michael Miller, UVA Health Foundation Board Chair
- Ram Ramasubramanian, Vice President for Research, UVA
- Mitch Rosner, Chair of the Department of Medicine
- Mark Shaffrey, Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery
- Debbie-Ann Shirley, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics
- Lukas Tamm, Chair of the Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics
- Anda Webb, Vice Provost for Administration