08.2018-Present, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
PhD student, Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
08.2013-05.2016, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Master of Pharmaceutical Science, Moulder Center for Drug Discovery Research
09.2009-06.2013, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, CN
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy
Research Assistant, ALS center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 12.2016-05.2018
- Generate C9orf72 nucleotide repeat expansion containing plasmids.
- Transform Stbl 3 cells with repeat containing plasmids and digest purified DNA to release the repeat.
- Analyze the repeat by agarose gel electrophoresis and sequence to determine the repeat size.
Research Associate, Critical Reagents, Novavax Incorporated, Gaithersburg, MD 06.2016-10.2016
- Managed reagents inventory and distributed critical reagents and reference standard as requested for tests.
- Purified anti-RSV IgG from animal serum via affinity chromatography (Protein A/G) on KTA Explorer/Avant system.
- Performed immunoassays, including ELISA and Western blotting for antibodies to test their specificity and coverage following appropriate SOPs.
Discovery of Anti-Histone 3 Antibodies as Potential Biotherapeutics for COPD 09.2014-05.2016
- Mastered solid-phase panning of MorphoSys Ylanthia® phage display libraries against Histone 3.3 on 96-well high-binding plates.
- Subcloned output to expression vector and selected positive candidates by Expression ELISA.
- Achieved protein expression and purification via IMAC and SEC on KTA Explorer system.
- Verified binding specificities of antibodies by ELISA and analyzed binding kinetics by biolayer interferometry (ForteBio system).
Solution-Phase Panning of Phage Display Library against Bioconjugated Target 02.2015-07.2015
- Accomplished biotinylation of histone 3 and analyzed biotin incorporation by fluorescent assay and Bradford protein assay.
- Panned phage display library against biotinylated-Histone 3 in solution using Streptavidin-coupled magnetic microbeads and conducted antibody expression ELISA to screen output after three rounds of panning.
- Westergard, Thomas, Kevin McAvoy, Katelyn Russell, Xinmei Wen, Yu Pang, Brandie Morris, Piera Pasinelli, Davide Trotti, and Aaron Haeusler. “Repeat‐associated non‐AUG translation in C9orf72‐ALS/FTD is driven by neuronal excitation and stress.” EMBO molecular medicine11, no. 2 (2019).