54. Z. Chen, S. Zhang, X. Li, and H-w. Ai*, “A High-Performance Genetically Encoded Fluorescent Biosensor for Imaging Physiological Peroxynitrite”, manuscript submitted.
53. S. Zhang, X. Li, M. Drobizhev and H-w. Ai*, “A Fast High-Affinity Fluorescent Serotonin Biosensor Engineered from a Tick Lipocalin”,
52. S. Zhang, and H-w. Ai*, “A general strategy to red-shift green fluorescent protein based biosensors”, accepted by Nature Chemical Biology. A preprint of this paper (its early version) is on bioRxiv; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.04.09.034561
51. M. Chen, S. Zhang, Y. Xing, X. Li, Y. He, Y. Wang, J. Oberholzer, and H-w. Ai*, “Genetically Encoded, Photostable Indicators to Image Dynamic Zn2+ Secretion of Pancreatic Islets”, Analytical Chemistry, 2019, 12212–12219.
50. Y. Suzan, S. Zhang, and H-w. Ai*, “A Genetically Encoded, Ratiometric Fluorescent Biosensor for Hydrogen Sulfide”, ACS Sensors, 2019, 4(6): 1626-1632.
49. A. Achimovich, H-w. Ai, and A. Gahlmann, “Enabling technologies in super-resolution fluorescence microscopy: Reporters, labeling, and methods of measurement”, Current Opinion in Structural Biology, 2019, 58: 224-232.
48. Y. Xiong, X. Tian, and H-w. Ai*, “Molecular tools to generate reactive oxygen species in biological systems”, Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2019, 30(5): 1297-1303.
47. H.W. Yeh, Y. Xiong, T. Wu, M. Chen, A. Ji, X. Li, and H-w. Ai*, “ATP-independent bioluminescent reporter variants to improve in vivo imaging”, ACS Chemical Biology, 2019, 14(5): 959-965. (This paper was one of the top 20 most downloaded for the month of April 2019)
46. H.W. Yeh, T. Wu, M. Chen, and H-w. Ai*, “Identification of Factors Complicating Bioluminescence Imaging”, ACS Biochemistry, 2019, 58(12): 1689-1697.
45. W. Yeh and H-w. Ai*, “Development and Applications of Bioluminescent and Chemiluminescent Reporters and Biosensors”, Annu. Rev. Anal. Chem.,2019. 12: 129-150.
44. A. Ji, Y. Fan, W. Ren, S. Zhang, and H-w. Ai*, A Sensitive Near-Infrared Fluorescent Sensor for Mitochondrial Hydrogen Sulfide”, ACS Sensors, 2018, 3 (5): 992-997.
43. L. Gao, X.F. Tan, S. Zhang, T. Wu, Z.M. Zhang, H-w. Ai, J. Song*, An intramolecular interaction of UHRF1 reveals dual control for its histone association, Structure, 2018, 26, 304–311.
42. Z. Chen, T.M. Truong, and H-w. Ai*, Illuminating Brain Activities with Fluorescent Protein-Based Biosensors, Chemosensors, 2017, 5: 32; doi:10.3390/chemosensors5040032.
41. H.W. Yeh, O. Karmach, A. Ji, D. Carter, M.M. Martins-Green, and H-w. Ai*, Red-shifted luciferase-luciferin pairs for enhanced bioluminescence imaging, Nature Methods, 2017, 14: 971–974.
40. Y. Fan, M. Makar, M.X. Wang, and H-w. Ai*, Monitoring thioredoxin redox with a genetically encoded red fluorescent biosensor, Nat. Chem. Biol., 2017, 13: 1045-1052.