Postdoc & Before
17. M. Kang#, K. Light#, H-w. Ai#, W. Shen, C.H. Kim, P.R. Chen, H.S. Lee, E.I. Solomon, and P.G. Schultz, “Evolution of Iron(II)-Finger Peptides by Using a Bipyridyl Amino Acid”, ChemBioChem, 2014, 15: 822-825. (#equal contribution)
16. Y. Ding, H-w. Ai, H. Hoi, and R.E. Campbell, “FRET-based biosensors for multiparameter ratiometric imaging of Ca2+dynamics and caspase-3 activity in single cells”, Anal. Chem., 2011, 83: 9687-9693.
15. H-w. Ai#, W. Shen#, A. Sagi, P. Chen and P.G. Schultz, “Probing protein-protein interactions with a genetically encoded photocrosslinking amino acid”,ChemBioChem, 2011, 12: 1854-1857. (#equal contribution)
14. H-w. Ai#, J.W. Lee#, and P.G. Schultz, “A method to site-specifically introduce methyllysine into proteins in E. coli”, Chem. Comm., 2010, 46: 5506-5508. (#equal contribution)
13. H-w. Ai, W. Shen, E. Brustad, and P.G. Schultz, “Genetically encoded alkenes in yeast”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2010, 49: 935-937.
12. D.E. Johnson#, H-w. Ai#, P. Wong, J.D. Young, R.E. Campbell and J.R. Casey, “Red fluorescent protein pH biosensor to detect concentrative nucleoside transport”, J. Biol. Chem., 2009, 284: 20499-20511. (#equal contribution)
11. H-w. Ai, K.L. Hazelwood, M.W. Davidson and R.E. Campbell, “Fluorescent protein FRET pairs for ratiometric imaging of dual biosensors”, Nature Methods, 2008, 5: 401-403.
10. H-w. Ai, S.G. Olenych, P. Wong, M.W. Davidson, and R.E. Campbell, “Hue-shifted monomeric variants of Clavularia cyan fluorescent protein: identification of the molecular determinants of color and applications in fluorescence imaging”, BMC Biology, 2008, 6, 13. ‘Highly accessed’ article.
9. Y. Li, A.M. Sierra, H-w. Ai, and R.E. Campbell, “Identiﬁcation of sites within a monomeric red ﬂuorescent protein that tolerate peptide insertion and testing of corresponding circular permutations”, Photochemistry and Photobiology, 2008, 84, 111-119.
8. H-w. Ai, and R.E. Campbell, “Teal fluorescent proteins: Characterization of a reversibly photoswitchable variant”, Proceedings of SPIE, 2008, 6868:68680D.
7. H-w. Ai, and R.E. Campbell, “More than just pretty colors: the growing impact of fluorescent proteins in the life sciences”, Biotechnology Focus, 2007, 10 (11), 16-18.
6. H-w. Ai, N.C. Shaner, Z. Cheng, R.Y. Tsien and R.E. Campbell, “Exploration of new chromophore structures leads to the identification of improved blue fluorescent proteins”, Biochemistry, 2007, 46, 5904-5910. The 9th of Biochemistry’s most accessed articles in 2007.
5. J.N. Henderson, H-w. Ai, R.E. Campbell, and S.J. Remington, “Structural basis for reversible photobleaching of a green fluorescent protein homologue”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 2007, 14, 6672-6677.
4. H-w. Ai, J.N. Henderson, S.J. Remington, and R.E. Campbell, “Directed evolution of a monomeric, bright, and photostable version of Clavularia cyan fluorescent protein: structural characterization and applications in fluorescence imaging”, Biochem. J., 2006, 400, 531-540.
3. J.Y. Bao, H-w. Ai, H. Fu, Y.Y. Jiang, Y.F. Zhao and C. Huang, “Peptide sequencing through N-terminal phosphonylation and electrospray ionization mass spectrometry”, J. Mass Spec., 2005, 40, 772-776.
2. H-w. Ai, H. Fu, and Y.F. Zhao, “Novel synthetic method of phosphonamidate peptides and its application in peptide sequencing via multistage mass spectrometry”, Chem. Comm., 2003, 21, 2724-2725.
1. Z.W. Miao, H. Fu, G.Z. Tu, J.G. Zhu, H-w. Ai, and Y.F. Zhao, “A stepwise one-pot synthesis of aryl N-phosphonamidothionate derivatives of nucleosides”, Hetero. Chem., 2003, 14, 62-66.