Resident of the Month – Dr. Lindsay Brown, CA3

January 5, 2021 by law9xc@virginia.edu

The Resident of the month for December, 2020 is Dr. Lindsay Brown. She was nominated by numerous faculty.

“When I asked her late one evening to switch her shift to help out a colleague, she was quick to do it without any hesitation.” – SRC

“Lindsay is always prepared, courteous, thoughtful, and well on her way to becoming an independent practitioner.” – RP

“This was the BEST talk (referencing her GR presentation on 10/28/2020) on this subject (Anesthesia and the Developing Brain) I’ve ever heard and that includes all the national meetings I’ve attended.” – GDP

“Excellent resident. One of the best. She is engaged and is clearly very interested in a career in peds anesthesia. Great depth of knowledge and great technical skills that exceed her current level of training” – JR

Prior Resident of the Month 

Troy Davis, M.D.

The Resident of the month for November was Dr. Troy Davis, CA1. He was nominated by two of his resident colleagues.

“Samantha and I were talking on nights and we both were super impressed with Troy Davis’s work ethic and positive attitude as 1311 for the first time last Thursday, 11/5. He had seen all but two pre-ops and stayed late to finish his notes, well after 1st call left. He also started my case while I went up to the PICU to help with a main stem intubation and never once complained about being in an OR. His hard work was extremely appreciated but, moreover, his positivity and sense of ‘team’ was unparalleled that week of nights. We could not have taken care of all of our patients without him that night. He is the soft-spoken, stoic type but his efforts did not go unnoticed. He will probably not be happy with me for nominating him but he is absolutely deserving in my mind!” -Brittany Bunker, CA3