Viral Vector Services
The AbET core provides the state-of-the-art viral vector technology for basic research and preclinical applications. The core uses current bioinformatics resources to design, construct and generate suitable viral vectors. The core provides viral vector related services such as design and construction of Retrovirus, Lentiviral, Adeno-Associated virus and Adenovirus vectors, and small to large-scale production of viral vectors.
These tools are used for gene function studies such as
- Transgene delivery
- RNA-guided nucleases (RGNs) based CRISPR-Cas9
- RNA interference (RNAi)
- Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR-T) cells
- Pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
The core can provide viruses which express marker proteins for use in testing viral expression in different cell types and organs.
- Design, construction and cloning of customized plasmids for viral vector production.
- Provision of vector-backbones for cloning of a gene-of-interest:
- Lentiviral vectors (LV)
- Retrovirus vectors
- Adeno-Associated virus vectors (AAVs)
- Adenovirus vectors
- Comprehensive consultation on the design of viral vector tools, providing help with the selection of a project- related serotype (AAV)/ pseudo-typed; Integrase-Deficient lentiviral vector (IDLV) and Integrase-competent lentiviral vectors (ICLV) vectors, cell- and tissue-specific expression
- Customized Viral Vector-production
- A broad range of viral platforms for gene-function studies
- CRISPR-Cas9 knockout screening for functional genomics)
- The in vitro transcription (IVT) synthetic single guide RNAs (sgRNA)
- Production of the vectors and viruses at different grades/scales
- Robust quality control including sequencing of provided or generated plasmids
- Recombinant vaccines using viral vectors