Instruments in Shared Instrumentation Core
Molecular Dynamics Gemini EM SpectraMax Fluorescent plate reader
- For fluorescence readings of plates with 384, 96, 24, 12, 6 well microtiter plates.
- Dual monochromator optics.
- Does not perform absorbance readings.
- Operated by researcher. Fee for use.
High performance liquid chromatography.
- Dionex Ultimate for 0.3 to 4.6 mm diameter columns.
Variable wavelength UV detector.Used for separation of peptides, proteins and some other molecules, usually with reverse phase columns.
AVIV 410 Circular dichroism spectropolarimeter
For studies on tertiary structure of proteins.
Operated by researcher. Fee for use.
Brief background on operation here.
Aperio ScanScope Slide Scanner
Aperio ScanScope to scan microscope slides at 20X, 40X, 63X (resolutions of 0.5, 0.25, 0.17 micron/pixel) for digital pathology. The scans can be exported as TIFF or JPEG files. The scanner can scan a batch of 5 slides.
Gel and film scanners
- Bio-Rad GS800 for absorbance readings on gels or blots at visible wavelengths and X-ray film. Three wavelength filters for different stains. ImageQuant software for image analysis available
- Bio-Rad FX fluorescent scanner. Three lasers and five filters to cover common fluorescent stains. Multiple stains can be scanned and overlaid.
- Both scanners produce files which can be converted to 8 or 16 bit tiff files.
fortéBIO Octet RED96 uses BioLayer Interferometry with disposable probes to measure association and dissociation rates of pairs of molecules and hence dissociation constants.
This instrument can perform 8 simultaneous readings. It can also perform quantitation measurements including some equivalent to ELISA.
real time, continuous measurement of cellular activity, including migration, based on impedance measurements
absorbance measurements on microtiter plates at 450, 562, 600, 660 nm