Mass spectrometry services
Before starting a project, researchers should discuss the project with Dr. Nicholas Sherman (email@example.com, 924.0070) to ensure that the experimental design and sample preparation are suitable for the available analyses.
- Protein identification and sequencing from gel or solution by either peptide mass fingerprinting or ESI-LC/MS/MS at the low femtomole level (Simple mixture MS/MS service).
- Analysis of such as tissue and media (Complex mixture MS/MS service)
- protein analysis of samples prepared by Laser Capture Microdissection (BTRF)
- Proteomics, comparison of proteins in tissue samples using chemical/isotopic labels or label free analysis
- Absolute quantitation of proteins using labeled peptides and selective reaction monitoring (MRM service)
- Identification of phosphorylation sites using titanium dioxide enrichment
- Identification of post-translational modifications (e.g. ubiquitination) (de novo sequencing service/PTM service)
- De Novo (manual) sequence analysis of novel proteins to obtain sufficient sequence data for cloning
- High resolution, high mass accuracy measurements of peptides and small proteins by ESI
- Mass determination by MALDI mass measurements for confirming identity of peptides and proteins, either by staff or open access self service
- Identification of interaction partners
- Quantitative analysis of metabolites, peptides, biomarkers, small molecules by SRM
- Bioinformatics for large data sets.