Catalogs of Histology and Pathology Virtual Slides
A freely accessible public domain Virtual Slidebox of Histology and Pathology slides is available at: http://www.path.uiowa.edu/virtualslidebox/
University of Virginia database of Virtual Slides:
The University of Virginia has a database of histology and pathology Virtual Slides housed within the School of Medicine’s Multimedia Database (MMDB). To find Virtual Slides on a particular topic:
- 1. Go to: http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/mmdb/SearchAdvanced.cfm
- 2. Go to the drop-down menu entitled “High Resolution File Types” at the lower middle of the screen.
- 3. Scroll down and click on “svs”
- 4. Under “Display 25 matches per page”, switch this to “100”
- 5. At the top of the page, enter a search term of your choosing (such as “kidney”)
- 6. Click on the “Search” button.
- 7. To select a particular Virtual Slide for viewing, click on the “High Resolution” link. The slide will open in the mScope web viewer.