Associate Professor, Medicine: Cardiovascular Medicine
- MD, Medicine, University of Virginia
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Stanford University Medicine Center
- Clinical Fellowship, General Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging, University of Virginia
- PhD, Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia
Cardiovascular MRI, Cardiovascular CT, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Diastolic Heart Failure, Myocardial Perfusion, Coronary Artery Disease
Dr. Salerno's research involves the development and evaluation of novel MRI pulse sequences and techniques to improve the clinical utility of CMR imaging. The current clinical focus of the research is on myocardial perfusion imaging, imaging of myocardial fibrosis and ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction. The laboratory includes undergraduate and graduate engineering students as well as clinical cardiovascular imaging fellows to bring new advances into clinical practice.