Mid-Atlantic Tobacco Summit
The UVA Cancer Center and VCU Massey Cancer are pleased to join the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, UT System and other partner institutions to hold one virtual summit on July 16 & 17, to avoid large gatherings and to protect yourself and others. Details on the summit, the dynamic lineup of speakers and regional/state breakout discussions can be found here: https://www.eliminatetobaccouse.org/2020-virtual-summit.
Registration is $25/person, with an option of earning continuing education credits, for an additional $20.
As founding partners, MD Anderson collaborates with local and state organizations in the following regions to host Summits aimed to create tobacco-free cultures through policy, prevention and cessation. The Eliminate Tobacco Use Summits welcome a variety of professionals working in higher education, tobacco prevention, cessation, and policy; as well as, community and non-profit partners. Our regional partner institutions are:
- Northeast: Tobacco-Free for a Healthy New Jersey and the New Jersey Prevention Network
- Mid-Atlantic: Virginia Commonwealth University Massey Cancer Center and University of Virginia Cancer Center
- Midwest: The University of Missouri School of Medicine, MU Healthcare’s Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and Partners in Prevention
- Texas: The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and The University of Texas System
Also, thank you to the Mid-Atlantic Summit Steering Committee.
- Roger Anderson, UVA Cancer Center
- Cynthia Burwell, Norfolk Stake
- Jennifer Cofer, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Elizabeth Do, VCU
- Jayne Flowers, VDH
- John Fritsch, Virginia Tech
- Bernard Fuemmeler, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Slade Gormus, University of Richmond
- Lindsay Hauser, UVA Cancer Center
- Alex Hurst, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Gina Roberts, VDH
- Andrew Romero, CADC
- Amy Smith, Virginia Tech
The Eliminate Tobacco Use Initiative was founded by The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.