Our web-based video course focuses on the importance of prevention and risk reduction in decreasing cancer occurrences. All participants will need to watch the video presentation, then register and pay the registration fee of $50 (per activity), and complete the activity post-test with a passing score of 80% in order to receive credit.
Next Generation Choices Foundation (NGCF or Less Cancer), lesscancer.org, promotes a prevention paradigm for addressing this alarming trend and raises awareness of cancer prevention to make risk reduction and prevention a vital part of the cancer paradigm. This is a departure from previous treatment-focused approaches that talked about beating, conquering, or curing cancer. Many cancers are preventable by reducing risk factors, such as lead corrosion in water supply and infrastructure, use of tobacco products, ultraviolet light exposure, asbestos exposure, specific contaminants, and pollution sources, and promoting healthy lifestyle choices, such as diet, exercise, and nutrition.
To bring awareness to increasing incidences of cancer and educate about behavioral and environmental risks linked to cancer. We seek to establish a mainstream literacy for cancer prevention that emphasizes the need to stop cancer at the cause.
- Raising awareness
- Developing risk-reduction strategies
- Shifting community or corporate practices and products
- Building alliances with business and industry
- Creating options for healthy choices
Less Cancer’s ultimate goal is to raise awareness of prevention and reduce incidences of diagnosed cancer in all people.
At the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the significance of preventing, rather than treating, cancers.
- Understand the link between business and corporate practices and public health.
- Be aware of and able to promote risk-reduction strategies and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Be able to use the information learned to impact change at a macro and micro level to influence public health reducing incidences of cancer diagnoses