Trauma Surgery Journal Club
Welcome to the Trauma Surgery Journal Club! This web-based journal club is designed to provide selected articles focused on relevant Trauma Surgery topics to meet the ongoing professional development needs of trauma surgeons and teams.
This web-based educational program provides surgeons with opportunities to read and reflect on current journal articles that highlight research and clinical topics that can positively impact the delivery of care to patients.
This web-based journal series provides a listing of selected articles including the publically available abstracts and a post-test for each article. Participants are expected to read each article and complete the post-test successfully in order to receive AMA PRA Category 1 creditTM and American Board of Surgery MOC Part II points.
Access to full text articles can be obtained through one of three ways & participants will need to obtain and read the articles BEFORE taking the post test:
- Access the article(s) through your hospital/health system library
- For UVA Physicians: Visit the Health System Library. Copy & Paste the title of each article into the PubMed search.
- Access the article through existing institution’s library or personal journal subscription(s)
- Purchase access to the article(s) through the publisher website(s)- a separate charge for purchase of the article applies and is not included in our fees.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
Individuals interested in participating in this web-based journal series:
- Enroll and participate in selected article(s) on an individual basis- participants can choose one or more articles and pay as they go along. Participation in each article will be managed as individual learning activities and credit awarded per article.
Participants are required to select an individual article, read the selected article, pay and complete the post-test with a passing score.
Price per article: $25 each
To review the abstracts needed to participate: Click Here
*Click on Post Tests at the top of the abstract page when you are ready to complete the test*
There are a variety of professional development opportunities available.