Surgery GR MOC
The University of Virginia Department of Surgery and the Office of Continuing Medical Education believe that Surgery Grand Rounds provides a unique and relevant environment for continuous learning that can serve as the foundation for self-assessment and professional development.
This Surgery Grand Rounds initiative is designed as a self-assessment activity. The content presented in Surgery Grand Rounds creates a broad base of knowledge that is essential to maintain competence and to identify areas for continued professional development.
This website provides a listing of Surgery Grand Rounds presentations with the date, presenter (with biographical and COI information) and a copy of the key messages and/or power point presentations for your reference. A weekly document will provide the key messages and questions for the presentation that serve as an immediate self assessment tool.
This weekly information will be followed by assessments of the content presented. The questions will be in multiple choice, true/false or other entry formats.
Completion of the self-assessments requires a passing score of 80% in order for participation in Surgery Grand Rounds to be considered an American Board of Surgery self-assessment activity. Participation in all sessions will provide AMA PRA Category 1 credit™.
Welcome to the assessments for Surgery Grand Rounds (MOC). The number of self-assessment credits towards Part 2 of the ABS MOC Program you receive will be based on the number of assessments you pass.
Due to the requirement (as of July 1, 2012) that “60 of the 90 hours of CME completed over a three-year cycle must include a self-assessment” we have created assessments solely based on the questions submitted by each grand rounds speaker.
TO EARN SELF-ASSESSMENT CREDITS TOWARDS PART 2 OF THE ABS MOC PROGRAM
- Optional: Review the session questions, handouts and other resources on this website for a Surgery Grand Rounds session.
- Required: Choose your assessment from the list of assessments below and complete it in one session. You will be directed to that specific assessment. Once you pass it by achieving an 80% or higher you will earn self-assessment credits towards Part 2 of the ABS MOC program.
- These assessments work on smart phones and other mobile devices as well as desktop PCs (Windows-based desktops please use Google Chrome (most reliable) or Internet Explorer as your browser). If you must use a MAC O/S based desktop computer please use Firefox as your browser, do not use Safari. Also, please enable pop-ups so you can view the pop-up windows.
- There is no functionality to save your work and return to it later as each assessment attempt must be completed in one session. However, you can attempt the assessment multiple times in order to pass. If you do not pass you will be redirected immediately to the correct assessment to re-take it.
- Please be sure to click on the Check Answer button immediately after answering each question on an assessment before proceeding to the next question.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION (80% or higher) OF AN ASSESSMENT
- The system will prompt you to Submit to Complete Test
- Click Continue under Certificate Preparation, then choose Display Certificate
- Your certificate will be displayed. Either Click on Print Certificate at the top of the screen to obtain a copy or click on Done.
Note: UVA CME Office also keeps these MOC Part II credits on your educational transcript so it is not required that you print your certificate. Once you click on Done you will be redirected to the CMEVillage home page. Click on Surgery GR MOC menu if you want to take more assessments.
If you do not pass the assessment the first time it is possible to retake it:
The system will return you to the assessment immediately. Follow the same directions above.
If you would like to complete more than one assessment at a time you may log in again and enter the assigned CME Activity Code to perform the correct assessment.
If you questions, please contact:
Terri Ellison, MS