Pediatric Emergency Care
UVA Emergency Department is a state-of-the-art facility has dedicated space and staff for the care of pediatric patients (age 0-21 years). Emergency Medicine physicians and nurses see children and teens immediately and prioritize cases according to the level of urgency. No matter how big or how small the emergency, we provide specialized treatment in a friendly, caring environment, 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week.
The safety and security of our pediatric patients, as well as efficient service, are among our top concerns. The Emergency Department provides:
- Private screening rooms for all patients
- Clean, safe waiting areas that are separate for adult and pediatric patients
- 24-hour-a-day security
- Equipment designed to fit children of all ages
- An innovative floor plan for efficient patient flow, diagnosis and treatment
- Consultations with pediatric specialists
UVA Emergency Department also treats suspected victims of sexual and/or physical abuse through comprehensive state-of-the art evaluations and consultations; appointments can be made by calling (434) 924-2231.