Deborah T. Vinton, MD, MBA
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Medical Director, Emergency Department
Medical Director, Forensic Examiner FNE Program
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- MBA, Physician Executive Program, University of Tennessee (2018)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Denver Health (2013)
- MD, Harvard Medical School (2009)
- BA, Psychology and Brain Sciences, Dartmouth College (2002)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Evaluation of Patient Satisfaction and Efficiencies in Emergency Department Operations
- Peripartum and Postpartum Emergencies and Emergency Care
- Met-Analysis and Predictions of Frequent Emergency Care patients
- Vinton D., Sanchez LD. Management of the Academic Emergency Department.. Emergency medicine clinics of North America. 2020-08;38:715-727.
- Vinton D, (2015). Third Trimester Complications and Delivery. In Markovchick V. et al. (Ed.),
Emergency Medicine Secrets. Elsevier, Inc.
- Vinton D, Rook S, Abbott J, Ginde A. Frequent Users of U.S. Emergency Departments:
Characteristics and Opportunities for Intervention. Emergency Medicine Journal, 2014 Jan 28 (epub). Cited in Pubmed: PMID: 24473411
- Easter J, Vinton D, Haukoos J. Emergent Pediatric Thoracotomy Following Traumatic Arrest. Resuscitation. 2012 December. Volume 83, Issue 12, Pages 1521-1524.Cited in Pubmed: PMID: 22705411
- Vinton D, Moriera M. (2012). Large Group Presentation Skills and Presentation Tools. In Guth et al. Resident as Teacher Handbook. American College of Emergency Physicians.
- Vinton D, Tate I. (2012). Gastrointestinal Emergencies. In Blok et al. (Ed.), First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Boards. McGraw-Hill.