Heather A. Borek, MD
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-5185
Fax: (434) 971-8657
- BS, Chemistry, University of Virginia (2003)
- MD, University of Connecticut School of Medicine (2007)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia (2010)
- Public Health Certificate, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Virginia (2011)
- Fellowship, Blue Ridge Poison Center, Medical Toxicology, University of Virginia (2012)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical Toxicology
- Wilderness Medicine
- Management of the critically ill poisoned patient
Most Recent Publications
- Borek HA and Charlton NP. In Reply to Drs. Weinstein and White. Wilderness & Environmental Medicine. 2015; 26(4): 573.
- Borek HA, Charlton NP. How not to train your dragon: a case of a Komodo dragon bite. Wilderness & environmental medicine. 2015; 26(2):196-199.
- Carlberg DJ, Borek HA, Syverud SA, Holstege CP. Survival of Acute Hypernatremia due to Massive Soy Sauce Ingestion. J. Emerg Med. 2013; 45(2): 228-231, Corresponding Author.
- Charlton NP, Morse PS, Borek HA, Lawrence DT, Brady WJ. The toxicology literature of 2011: issues impacting the emergency physician. American journal of emergency medicine. 31(3):597-601.
- Borek HA, and Holstege CP. “Hyperthermia and multiorgan failure after abuse of “bath salts” containing 3, 4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone.” Annals of emergency medicine 60, no. 1 (July 2012): 103-105.
- Borek HA, Charlton NP. Black Widow Spider Bite. Dimens of Crit Care Nurs. 2012; 31(2):128-129.