John P. Riordan, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
Vice-Chair of Clinical Operations
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- BS, Biology, James Madison University (1987)
- MD, Medical College of Virginia (1992)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Carolinas Medical Center (1995)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Innovative Teaching Techniques
- Imaging Utilization
- Patient Flow
- Pain Management
- Airway Management
- Frequent Attender
- Prediction modeling
- Jesionowski M, Riordan JP, Quatrara B; “Does A Provider in Triage and Rapid Medical Evaluation Help With Left Without Being Seen Rates and ED Crowding?” Journal of Emergency Nursing 45(1):38-45, 2019.
- Woods WA, Warlaumont M, Riordan JP; “Opioid Prescribing: Where Should Academic Emergency Departments Focus Their Efforts?” Journal of Emergency Medicine 55(1):23-28, 2018.
- Riordan JP; “Opioid Prescribing: Where Should Academic Emergency Departments Focus Their Efforts?” Western Journal of Emergency Medicine 18(6.1): 58, 2017.
- O’Connor RE, Riordan JP, Vinton DT, Hardigree SF, Braden K, “Providers at Triage Are Associated with a Reduction in Left without Being Seen Rate” Western Journal of Emergency Medicine 18(6.1): 57, 2017.
- Kang H, Bastian ND, Riordan JP, “Evaluating the Relationship between Productivity and Quality in Emergency Departments” Journal of Healthcare Engineering 2017: 9626918, 2017.