Sara F. Sutherland, MD, MBA
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 760-3450
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- BS, Biology, Emory University
- MD, University of California
- Internship, General Surgery, Wilmington Medical Center
- Residency, Medical Center of Delaware, Inc.
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical Emergency Medicine Research
- High Altitude Physiologic response; prediction of Altitude sickness
Most Recent Publications
- Sub-Investigator: Protocol Title: Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Ularitide (Urodilatin) Intravenous Infusion in Patients Suffering from Acute Decompensated Heart Failure Enrolling at UVA May 2013 to present
- Brady, O’Connor, Sutherland, Durand-Brochec, Verner: Non-ergent Commercial Air Travel Following Acute Myocardial Infarction–A Review of the Literature and Commentary on the Recommendations. Air Medical Journal September October 2012, Volume 31, Number 5.231-237.
- Sutherland, SF, O’Connor RE, Becker LM. Variation in symptoms, oxygen saturation and resting heart rate in trekkers subjected to rapid ascent and descent without prior acclimatization. Ann Emergency Med 2012, Vol. 60, Issue 4, supplement S38-S39.
- Brady WJ, Charlton NP, Lawner BJ, Sutherland SF (eds.) Cardiac Arrest, Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. 2012 (May); 30:203-600.
- Sutherland, SF, O’Connor RE, Becker LM. Variation in symptoms, oxygen saturation and resting heart rate in trekkers subjected to rapid ascent and descent without prior acclimatization. American College of Emergency Physicians Research Forum poster presentation October 2012.