Sara F. Sutherland, MD, MBA
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 760-3450
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- BS, Biology, Emory University
- MD, University of California
- Internship, General Surgery, Wilmington Medical Center
- Residency, Medical Center of Delaware, Inc.
- MBA, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical Emergency Medicine Research
- High Altitude Physiologic response; prediction of Altitude sickness
- Principle Investigator: Protocol title: A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy Study to Compare the Efficacy and Safety of Oral Lefamulin (BC-3781) Versus Oral Moxifloxacin in Adults With Community-Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia (Protocol NAB-BC-3781-3102 with Amendments 1 and 2).Sponsor: Nabriva Theraputics AG. Enrolling at UVA, 7/16/2016-Present.
- Wang W, Brady WJ, O’Connor RE, Sutherland S, Durand-Brochec MF, Duchateau, FX, Verner L. Non-urgent Commercial Air Travel Following Acute Myocardial Infarction–A Review of the Literature and Commentary on the Recommendations. Air Med J. 2012;31(5):231–237. doi:10.1016/j.amj.2012.01.002.
- Sutherland, SF, O’Connor RE, Becker LM. Variation in symptoms, oxygen saturation and resting heart rate in trekkers subjected to rapid ascent and descent without prior acclimatization. Ann Emergency Med 2012, Vol. 60, Issue 4, Supplement S38-S39.