Claire M. Plautz, MD
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0699
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-2877
- BS, Biology, University of South Florida (1997)
- MD, University of Miami School of Medicine (2001)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia Health System (2004)
- Fellowship, Medical Education, University of Virginia Health System (2005)
Clinical and Research Interests
- Resident and Medical Student Education
- Simulation and Procedural Skills
- Trauma/ Critical Care
- Clinical Problem Solving
- Quality Improvement Processes
Most Recent Publications
- Case Studies in Trauma: Clincon, Orlando, FL July 2006.
Alternate Airways: Clincon, Orlando, FL July 2006.
Trauma Case Studies: Critical Thinking and Interventions. International Trauma Life Support Conference, Scottsdale, Arizona, November 2005.
- Hudson K, Braithwaite S, Byrnes E, Yoder A. EMS Patient Transport Refusals: A comparison of refusal rates for volunteer and career EMS agencies in Virginia. National Association of EMS Physicians, January 2005, Naples, FL
- Ferguson J, Braithwaite S, Byrnes E, Yoder A. ALS vs. BLS: Is there a difference in EMS care delivered to patients in medically underserved areas? National Association of EMS Physicians, January 2005, Naples, FL
- EMS Patient Refusal: A Population-Based Comparison of Virginia Counties. National Association of EMS Physicians, Tucson, January 2004.