Williams, Michael E.
Byrd S. Leavell Professor of Medicine and Division Chief, Medicine: Hematology and Oncology
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology, University of Virginia
- Clinical Fellowship, Oncology, University of Virginia
- BS, Botany, Ohio State University
- SM, Microbiology, Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- MD, Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
Novel therapeutics for lymphoma, CLL, and other hematologic malignancies with a focus in Mantle cell lymphoma.
Dr. Williams' research interests are in novel therapeutic approaches for non-Hodgkin lymphomas, mantle cell lymphoma and CLL, including targeted agents and immunotherapeutics. He serves on the scientific advisory boards of the Lymphoma Research Foundation and the European Mantle Cell Lymphoma Network, and is vice-chair of the Eastern Cooperative Group Lymphoma Core Committee. He also serves as chair of the Hematology Subspecialty Board of the American Board of Internal Medicine, and is an ABIM Council Member.