Each of our fellows precepts residents and medical students in our outpatient Family Practice Center at UVa for one half-day per week.
Additionally, upon approval by the Fellowship Steering Committee, each fellow may choose to serve as an attending during a two-week block on the inpatient service. The fellow will be paired with a more senior faculty member, although the fellow will have the primary responsibility as attending.
Other Teaching Activities
Our fellows are able to be involved with teaching experiences for 2 half-days per week, including the one half-day spent precepting in our outpatient setting. Teaching expectations for fellows include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading weekly resident conferences in the Department, such as the Information Mastery Conference, and monthly “Time With Your Fellow” resident sessions.
- Teaching a minimum of 3 workshops for our required Third Year Family Medicine Clerkship
- Teaching a minimum of 1 Family Medicine Grand Rounds
- Teaching a minimum of 2 residency conference sessions – these may include sessions during our Essentials of Family Medicine “block” months or conference sessions on Tuesday afternoons
- Fellows may also schedule additional teaching activities based on their interests and teaching goals for the year.