Accessing the FlowCore Shared Network Server
The Flow Cytometry Core has a network server that is available for all users to store data for later processing at the Core or elsewhere.
All users should move their data off of this server every month to keep it from filling up and blocking other users from storing data on it.
Please note this is temporary storage only. This data is NOT backed up. The Flow Cytometry Core is not responsible for any lost data.
Accessing from outside of the Core:
The server can be accessed directly through the UVa network, or through a web portal.
With a PC, follow the directions on this document.
With a Mac (OS X) follow these directions:
- Click the ‘Go’ menu
- Click “Connect to Server…”
- Type: smb://sammas.storage.virginia.edu/som-fccf
- For “Name”, type: eservices\computing ID
- For “Password”, use your eservices password. There is no longer a separate flow server password.
- The server window should now open and you should be able to get to your PI’s folder.