First Look at UVA is designed for 3rd and 4th year medical students who are interested in learning more about training at UVA Medical Center. This day is planned for students who are a member of any group historically underrepresented in Medicine, as well as anyone with a passion for increasing the diversity of our physician workforce.
– Specialty interest meetings with our Residency Program Directors
– A tour of the Medical Center and our education spaces
– Workshops on personal statements, ERAS applications, Simulation Skills and Mock Interviews
– Presentations from Health System and Community Leaders
– Networking opportunities with current GME trainees and faculty
The GME Office and Housestaff Council for Diversity and Inclusion sponsor the First Look event during the recruitment season to give applicants an opportunity to openly ask questions about our training programs and about living in Charlottesville.
If you are interested in joining us for the First Look, please register below: