Infectious Diseases & Global Biothreats Research Day
ID & Global Biothreats Research Days are held on annually. Organized by the Division of Infectious Diseases & International Health and sponsored jointly by the Infectious Diseases graduate program and the Global Biothreats Training Program, this annual event provides an opportunity for graduate students and research and clinical fellows in the ID and Global Biothreats graduate programs to share their research through a poster session and oral presentations, and receive feedback from faculty and peers.
ID & Global Biothreats Research Day 2021
Monday, February 24th, 2020
“A New Paradigm for Studying and Treating Infectious Diseases: Damage Control”
Liise-anne Pirofski, M.D. Professor, Microbiology & Immunology, Selma and Dr. Jacquest Mitrani Chair in Biomedical Research, Chief, Infectious Diseases, Dept. of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Pinn Hall, 10:00am – 5:00 pm
Full schedule of events below.
- All are welcome to attend and participate in this scientific gathering. The day will highlight the work of our trainees, and celebrate the breadth and depth of infectious disease and global biothreats research at UVA.
- All undergraduate and graduate students, residents, fellows and postdocs with an interest in infectious disease and global biothreats research are encouraged to submit an abstract. Oral presentations will be selected from submitted abstracts:
- Deadline for abstract submissions is January 27, 2020
- Participants will be informed on February 10, 2020, if they should prepare their submission as an oral or poster presentation.
- For more information, call Ginny Atwell, ID fellowship program coordinator, at 434-243-6832, or email her VMA9T@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu.
|10:00 – 11:30 am||Career Forum||Pinn Hall Auditorium
|11:45 – 12:15 pm||Lunch||Pinn Hall 2ABC
|12:15 – 1:30 pm||Poster Presentations||Pinn Hall 2ABC
|1:30 – 2:45 pm||Oral Presentations||Pinn Hall Auditorium
|2:45 – 3:00 pm||Break||Pinn Hall
|3:00 – 4:00 pm||Keynote Speaker-Liise-anne Pirofski, M.D. Professor, Microbiology & Immunology, Selma and Dr. Jacquest Mitrani Chair in Biomedical Research, Chief, Infectious Diseases, Dept. of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY||Pinn Hall Auditorium
|4:00 – 5:00 pm||Presentation of Awards –|
Dr. Bill Petri, Division of Infectious Diseases
|Pinn Hall Auditorium
|4:15 – 5:00 pm||Remove all posters||Pinn Hall 2ABC
Read about ID & Global Biothreats Research Day 2020