Heysell, Scott K.
Associate Professor, Medicine: Infectious Diseases and International Health
- BA, English, Vanderbilt University
- MD, MPH, Medicine/ Epidemiology&Biostatistics, Oregon Health and Sciences University
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospitals
- Chief Residency, Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospitals
- Fellowship, Tropical Infectious Diseases, Yale School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, University of Virginia
Multidrug resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB); pharmacokinetics; clinical application of diagnostics for TB; clinical trials to optimize TB treatment; chronic illness/ TB integration
Dr. Heysell has field experience in HIV-drug-resistant TB-endemic areas, including rural South Africa, the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania, and Eastern Siberia. Dr. Heysell's research focuses on supporting partners in TB endemic settings achieve their aims of reducing reducing morbidity and mortality related to TB, correcting underlying drivers of TB including poverty, health systems management, and chronic medical conditions such as HIV and diabetes. The work is supported by the National Institutes of Health and non-governmental organizations.