The Office for Research supports and promotes basic, clinical, and translational investigation in the School of Medicine (SOM) and facilitates research synergies across UVA by leading or participating in:
- strategic initiatives such as the Health System’s recent Integrated Space Planning process;
- the maintenance of SOM research infrastructure: research core facilities, research buildings, IT, etc.;
- the development and administration of SOM internal funding programs;
- the management of SOM research space;
- development of research policies; and
- coordination efforts with other UVA schools, the Office of the Provost, and the Vice President for Research, and building research alliances across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The office works closely with the SOM Office of Grants and Contracts, which helps faculty and administrators apply for and manage sponsored awards in support of the research and other scholarly activities of our investigator community.
- Subscribe to announcements of funding opportunities:
From the Dean’s Office | Pivot | GrantForward
- SOM news: UVA Connect
- Database of US providers of research organisms (from FASEB) (NEW December 2016)
- Acknowledging the use of NIH-supported core equipment in publications
- NIH institutional training awards at UVA (T-series)
- Office of Grants & Contracts department staff assignments