The Office for Research supports and promotes basic, clinical, and translational investigation in the School of Medicine (SOM) and facilitates research synergies across UVA by leading or participating in:
- strategic initiatives, including the Health System’s Integrated Space Planning process;
- the maintenance of SOM research infrastructure such as research core facilities, research buildings, IT, etc.;
- the development and administration of SOM internal funding programs;
- the management of SOM research space;
- policy development; and
- coordination efforts with other UVA schools, the Office of the Provost, and the Vice President for Research, and research alliances across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The office works closely with the SOM Office of Grants and Contracts, which helps faculty and research administrators obtain and manage sponsored awards that support the research and other scholarly activities of our investigator community.
- Office of Grants & Contracts department staff assignments
- Research announcements and funding opportunities (sign up for notifications at each):
- UVA Connect (SOM news)
- SOM Faculty Research Retreat, February 3 – 4, 2017 (under development)
- Acknowledging the use of NIH-supported core equipment in publications
- NIH institutional training awards to UVA (T32)