International Adoption Clinic
Opened in 2001, the International Adoption Clinic offers pre- and post-adoption consultations and developmental and growth evaluations for your child. Our services attract families from all over Virginia and out-of-state.
- Review medical records, photos and videotapes before you adopt
- Address growth and development issues, pre- and post-adoption
- Perform a complete medical evaluation of your adopted child
- Initiate a vaccination schedule
- Complete blood work profiles to screen for illnesses
Follow-up visits are scheduled as needed for your child’s situation.
If you can’t make it into our office, we’re available by phone to answer your adoption questions and help guide you through the process.
Sarah Boggs, M.D.
Assistant Professor of General Pediatrics
Ruth Goldeen, OTR/L, M.Ed.
Occupational Therapist with Masters in Early Childhood Education
- Joint Council on International Children’s Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Families with Children from China
- Families for Russian and Ukrainian adoption
- Clearinghouse for Adoption – federal agencies, adoption agencies, services and support groups
- International Adoption Clinic – resource for adoptive children, families, medical practitioners and adoption professionals
If you have any additional questions regarding file reviews, please click Here.