Teen & Young Adult Transgender Clinic
Teen & Young Adult Health
Find out More!
At UVA, our goal is to provide affirming comprehensive healthcare for transgender patient’s of all ages. We are committed to making your healthcare experience as positive as possible, listening to and responding to your needs and removing barriers to your care.
Our multidisciplinary team includes healthcare professionals who specialize in family medicine, endocrinology, psychiatry, and behavioral health. Every member of our team is experienced in and has a special interest in working with transgender patients. Your well-being is our top priority and we will always treat your with dignity and respect. If you ever need care from a specialist outside of your clinics, we can refer you to trusted trans-affirming providers.
- Brief psychotherapy to:
- Help with anxiety, depression, grief, or stress
- Make lifestyles changes like quitting smoking or losing weight.
- Reduce and cope with symptoms of medical conditions
- Referrals for longer-term therapy.
- Hormone prescribing and management, including pubertal suppression therapy (for adolescents), gender-affirming therapy and menstrual suppression therapy.
- Treatment for diabetes, thyroid disease and other glandular conditions.
- Care for chronic health conditions
- Care for minor illness and injury
- Cancer Screenings
- Hormone therapy management and refills by primary care providers (UVA Teen and Young Adult Transgender Clinic and UVA Student Health Center)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Other mental health issues.
- Evaluation and treatment for teen mental health issues
- Low-cost physical and sports physicals
- LGBTQ support groups for ages 10-14 and 14-20.
- Reproductive healthcare: birth-control ( including free emergency birth control), period management, counseling and testing for sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy testing.
- Treatment for acne and skin problems.
- Discussion of possible medical and surgical treatments for gender dysphoria
- Family education and support
- Assistance with name and gender marker changes on legal documents
- Financial advice about about uncovered medical treatment
- Letters of recommendation for hormone therapy (UVA Teen and Young Adult Transgender Clinic and UVA Student Health Center)
- Information about gender expression gear
- Surgical referrals
Location & Hours, & Contact
UVA Teen and Young Adult Transgender
1204 W. Main Street
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Tuesday & Friday: 8:30 am-8:00 pm