The first year experience is primarily clinical, and includes the following rotations:
- Inpatient Gastroenterology
- Outpatient Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic and Colonoscopy procedures
- PH Impedance
- Continuity clinic is ½ day per week and occurs every week except for holidays and vacations
- While on Clinic months, fellows will perform endoscopy a minimum of ½ day/week and at most 1 ½ days/week
- While on Clinic months, fellows will participate in subspecialty clinics including: Feeding Clinic, Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- While on Consult/Service months, fellows will perform endoscopy a maximum of ½ day/week and any inpatient procedures
- Fellows will attend all quarterly-monthly transplant follow-up clinics, initial transplant evaluations, and all selections meetings
- Fellows will be on call for 2 weekends/month and 2 weeks/month
The second and third years of training will be devoted primarily to research experience. We offer strong mentorship in research with varying opportunities for basic science and clinical research projects.
- Continuity clinic is 1 day per week and occurs every week except for holidays and vacations
- Fellows will be on call for 1 weekends/month and 1 week/month
- Fellows will continue ½ day of endoscopy a minimum of twice monthly.