The first year experience is primarily clinical, and includes the following rotations:
- Inpatient Gastroenterology
- Outpatient Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic and Colonoscopy procedures
- PH Impedance
- Continuity clinic is ½ day per week and occurs every week except for holidays and vacations
- While on Clinic months, fellows will perform endoscopy a minimum of ½ day/week and at most 1 ½ days/week
- While on Clinic months, fellows will participate in subspecialty clinics including: Feeding Clinic, Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- While on Consult/Service months, fellows will perform endoscopy a maximum of ½ day/week and any inpatient procedures
- Fellows will attend all quarterly-monthly transplant follow-up clinics, initial transplant evaluations, and all selections meetings
- Fellows will be on call for 2 weekends/month and 2 weeks/month
Years 2 & 3:
The second and third years of training will be devoted primarily to research experience. We offer strong mentorship in research with varying opportunities for basic science and clinical research projects.
- Continuity clinic is 1 day per week and occurs every week except for holidays and vacations
- Fellows will be on call for 1 weekends/month and 1 week/month
- Fellows will continue ½ day of endoscopy a minimum of twice monthly.