The Department of Pediatrics research leads, inspires and directs all aspects of the growing research programs with-in the departments multiple divisions. This includes research advancement and corporate relations, pre-award research and post-award research.
The Research Grants & Contracts team works collaboratively with faculty and staff to deliver award account management services. We serve as liaison with the University’s Office of Sponsored Programs to support the development of budgets and all administrative aspects of applications as well as oversee the progress and submission of all applications.
The Integrated Transnational Health Research Institute of Virginia (iTHRIV) is UVA’s front door for health researchers. The iTHRIV portal is a centralized database of research resources that can e accessed by using your UVA login to sin on to the portal at: portal.ithriv.org (In order to use all the feature of iTHRIV, please use Chrome, Firefox, or Edge).
- Funding Resources
- Federal Economic Stimulus Funding Opportunities | NIH
- HS Library – For Researchers | For Grant Seekers
- UVAHS Private Funding Opportunities Database
- SOM Office for Research
- SOM Office of Grants and Contracts
- National Science Foundation
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
- AAP Resident Research Grant Program awards grants of up to $2000; applications due in February each year
- The Community Access to Child Health (CATCH) Resident Funds program supports pediatric residents in planning of community-based child health initiatives; grants of up to $3,000 awarded twice each year.
- Research Design
- UVA Libraries has online dictionaries and links to style manuals and writing references
- Strunk and White’s Elements of Style
- Writer’s Handbook, U Wisconsin includes tips on improving writing style and editing to reduce grammar errors
- Tips on Revising Prose
- Writing Informative Abstracts for Journal Articles
- Writing for Publication in Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine includes useful ideas for medical writing for any forum
- Reporting Statistical Information in Medical Journal Articles
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Sample References
- Training Resources
- Courses & Degrees
- Sample Research
- Intro to Transnational Research
- HS Library (bibliographic software – EndNote, ReferenceManager, PowerPoint)
- ITC – database courses (Excel, Access, more)