Resident Journal Club
All physicians need to develop proficiency in the critical appraisal of published research papers. The Department of Pediatrics residents meet monthly to discuss articles from the pediatric literature.
When: 3rd Thursday each month
Time: 12:15-1:00 PM
Location: 7E Conference Room
Pediatric Resident Journal Club Collab Site
Journal Club materials are now being filed and shared on Collab. On the Collab site you can find the Journal Club calendar, assignments, logs and archives of previous articles, references to help with critical appraisal, and interesting articles to consider when planning your own journal club presentation. You can post items there, too. Go to https://collab.itc.virginia.edu/portal and sign in with your UVa email id and password.
Several on-line resources are available to help you evaluate others’ research and design your own project:
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine
- JAMA’s Users’ Guides to the Medical Literature | VCU Series
- Center for Health Evidence: Users’ Guides to Evidence-Based Practice
- BMJ: How to Read a Paper
- BMJ: Statistics at Square One
- BMJ: Epidemiology for the Uninitiated
- MUSC Evidence-Based Medicine
- Univ Michigan Evidence-Based Pediatrics