Marieta Pehlivanova’s Bio
Marieta Pehlivanova, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences
Address:University of Virginia Health System
Department of Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences
Division of Perceptual Studies
P.O. Box 800152
Charlottesville, VA 22908-0152 Phone: 434-924-2281 Fax: 434-924-1712
- Near-death experiences
- Children reporting past-life memories
- After-death communications
- Personality correlates of psi beliefs and psi experiences
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology (Cognitive Neuroscience focus), 2017
- M.A. in Experimental Psychology, 2016
American University, Washington, DC
- B.S. in Statistics (Mathematical Statistics track), 2007
- Summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
2007 – 2011: Biostatistician, Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, MedStar Health Research Institute, Hyattsville, MD.
- “Further Horizons of Survival Research.” Mind Beyond Brain, full-day event featuring UVA’s Division of Perceptual Studies, Boston, MA, July 13th, 2019.
- “Near-Death Experiences.” Charlottesville Newcomers Club Quarterly Luncheon, Charlottesville, VA, October 22nd, 2019.
- ”Support Needs and Outcomes for Near-Death Experiencers.” American Center for the Integration of Spiritually Transformative Experiences 2019 Conference, Atlanta, GA, November 15th, 2019.
- “Ethical Best Practice Recommendations for Responding to Near-Death & Related Experiencers.” Co-presented with Dr. Janice Holden. International Association for Near-Death Studies Spring Symposium. April 30th, 2021.
- “UVA Division of Perceptual Studies Researching Near-death Experiences”: CBS 19 News, Charlottesville, VA, October 30, 2019.