Funding and Financial Support
We gratefully accept all financial donations to support our ongoing research at the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies. Although the University of Virginia is a state university, the State contributes almost no financial support for research conducted within the Division of Perceptual Studies.
Each year the Division must obtain funding to support its research and operating costs. The Division’s funding comes from generous bequests and from donations from private foundations and private donors.
Please consider contributing online directly at the UVA Health System Donations Page
- Indicate the amount you would like to donate to The Division under “Gift Allocations”.
- You will notice that the designation is the “Division of Perceptual Studies” in the “Special Instructions” window.
- Please indicate the specific research initiative or funding opportunity to which you would like your donation applied.
Other Ways to Donate
- Contact us directly via email to outline your donation intentions with our director, Dr. Jim Tucker.
- Send a donation in the form of a personal check:
- Please make it out to the UVA Health Foundation , with UVA Division of Perceptual Studies in the memo line.
- Mail your check to: UVA Health Foundation, P.O. Box 800773, Charlottesville, VA 22908.
- Set up a bequest to support our research:
- Refer to the UVA Wills, Living Trusts and Estate Planning Page. As you look over the page explaining how to set up a bequest to benefit UVA, you will notice that there is a form called Restricted Bequest to fill out. This is the document in which you would indicate your wishes for your bequest to go toward supporting the ongoing research being conducted at the UVA Division of Perceptual Studies.