University of Virginia Opioid Helpline
The University of Virginia Opioid Helpline is a cost free helpline that provides resources for individuals concerned about their opioid prescriptions or opioid use or the use of a loved one. Individuals have direct access to a live behavioral support specialist, who will help answer questions and provide education, support and referrals to community resources.
Please call us for more information regarding the helpline.
Phone: 1-877-OPIOIDS (674-6437)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
Resources Provided (Cost Free):
- Education about prescription opioids for chronic or new onset pain and pain expectations
- Education on signs and symptoms of opioid withdrawal and how to manage them
- Individualized phone coaching sessions to address concerns related to opioid prescriptions or opioid use
- Online mindfulness audio-recordings with guided meditation
- Techniques to promote healthier activities and decision-making
- Information and referrals to medication assisted treatment clinics
- Support for coping and reducing dependency on opioids