Join Our Team
At UVA Radiology and Medical Imaging, the professional opportunities afforded by a major academic medical center are coupled with the ease and charm of living in one of the United States’ most-renowned small cities.
Working at a Level I trauma center and academic medical center means that each day brings new and rewarding challenges. But those rewarding professional challenges are balanced by Charlottesville, Virginia’s strong sense of community, astonishing natural beauty, and ever-expanding inventory of things to experience, eat, and explore. At the end of the day, the convenience of small-city living means you have more time to spend with family and friends.
Calling Charlottesville Home
Charlottesville, Virginia, is regularly rated as one of the best places in the United States to live, work, and raise a family. Residents enjoy everything that a major metropolitan area has to offer in a community-minded small city nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Spend a little time learning about Charlottesville and you’ll see why it’s been called the happiest town in America; one of the best places to live in America; one of the healthiest towns in America, one of America’s favorite mountain towns, and one of the best small towns for food.
Click each of the sections below to learn more about Charlottesville.
Working at UVA Radiology
UVA Radiology plays a critical role in patient care in nearly every specialty at UVA Medical Center, Virginia’s #1 hospital for four years in a row. We are a close and genuinely supportive community with access to all the resources and attractions of one of the nation’s finest public universities.
The UVA Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging is renowned for its clinical care, education programs, and medical imaging research. The department offers excellent benefits packages and competitive salaries. Click here to read a welcome message from Dr. Alan Matsumoto, chair of the department.
To get a sense of our department community, check out our Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, one of our recent department email newsletters, or view photos from our 2019 Holiday Party and our Keats Alumni Society 2019 RSNA Reception.
To see all open Radiology positions, visit the UVA HR Job Openings page and enter “Radiology” in the search bar. To learn more about UVA HR policies and procedures, or for assistance with applying for a position, click here.
- Faculty Positions (MDs, PhDs): Contact Faculty Affairs Coordinator Nicole Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-243-0881.
- NPs, PAs, and all other Staff Positions: Contact Staff Affairs and Education Manager Terry Crow at email@example.com or 434-243-1421.
- Residents, Fellows and Instructors: Contact Senior Education Coordinator Sandy Kerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-9484.
- RNs: Contact Nurse Manager Vickie Taylor at or email@example.com or 434-924-1163.
- Technologists (Diagnostic (X-ray/Fluoroscopy), CT, MRI, and Ultrasound): Contact Radiology Manager Rich Hooper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-5817.
- Interventional Radiology RNs: Contact Nurse Manager Annette Silver at email@example.com or 434-924-8452.
- Interventional Radiology Technologists: Contact Director of Interventional Radiology Anita Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-924-9401.
- Breast Imaging/Mammography: Contact Breast Center Manager Pat Gaspard at email@example.com or 434-243-1805.