We provide a full spectrum of interventional procedures.
- Arterial interventions for occlusive disease in the mesenteric, renal and peripheral arterial territories include: percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, atherectomy, laser atherectomy, vascular stents, subintimal recanalizations, thrombolysis, and mechanical thrombectomy.
- Thoracic and abdominal stent grafts for aortic aneurysms and aortic dissection.
- Regional therapy for liver cancer and metastatic disease to the liver with transarterial chemoembolization (TACE), radioembolization with yttrium 90, radiofrequency ablation, and ethanol injections.
- Venous interventions include: saphenous vein ablation for varicose veins, vena cava filter placement and retrieval, thrombolytic therapy for deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism, venous sampling for endocrine disorders of the pituitary, adrenals or gonads, and a full range of venous access procedures.
- Hepatic vein and portal interventions include transjugular liver biopsy, transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) for symptomatic portal hypertension and balloon retrograde transvenous obliteration for gastric varicies.
- Dialysis fistula interventions include thrombectomy, angioplasty, atherectomy and stent placement.
- Non-vascular procedures include percutaneous gastrostomy, nephrostomy, biliary drainage with stent placement, radiofrequency ablation and cryoablation of the kidney and other sites, tracheobronchial stents, and retrieval of foreign bodies.
Over 6,000 procedures are performed annually. There is a clinic for evaluation and follow-up of interventional radiology referrals, with special emphasis on regional therapy of liver malignancies, uterine fibroid embolization, and varicose vein treatment.