Be ready for a wide array of questions. If asked to talk about yourself, tell those things that relate to the situation (personal background, education, goals, etc.)
- How did you become interested in medicine? How did you become interested in the specific discipline?
- Why do you think you might like to be in our residency program?
- What do you know about our residency?
- What strengths do you think you would be able to bring to a residency program?
- What do you consider to be personal weaknesses that you would like to correct?
- What courses/clerkships did you like the best?
- What qualifications do you have that make you feel you will be successful?
- Do you prefer any specific geographic locations? Why?
- Why should I select you over the other candidates?
- Can you take instructions without feeling upset?
- What have you learned from jobs or experiences you have had?
- What type of books have you read?
- What are your plans for the future? (i.e., private practice, fellowship training, academic medicine, research…)
- What have you done which shows initiative and willingness to work?
- What activities do you pursue outside of medicine to maintain balance in your life?
- What role did you play in the research projects(s) cited in your CV?