Wen Yuan Publications
Selected peer-reviewed publications (in reverse chronological order)
- Yuan W*, Li X, Kasterka M, Gorny MK, Zolla-Pazner S and Sodroski J. Oligomer-specific conformations of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) gp41 envelope glycoprotein ectodomain recognized by human monoclonal antibodies. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2009; 25:319-28.
- Lobo PI, Schlegel KH, Yuan W, Townsend GC and White JA. Inhibition of HIV-1 infectivity through an innate mechanism involving naturally occurring IgM anti-leukocyte autoantibodies. J Immunol 2008; 180:1769-79.
- Javanbakht H, Diaz-Griffero F, Yuan W, Yeung DF, Li Y, Song B and Sodroski J. The ability of multimerized cyclophilin A to restrict retrovirus infection. Viology 2007; 367:19-29.
- Li X, Gold B, O’huigin C, Diaz-Griffero F, Song B, Si Z, Li Y, Yuan W, Stremlau M, Mische C, Javanbakht H, Scally M, Winkler C, Dean M and Sodroski J. Unique features of TRIM5alpha among closely related human TRIM family members. Viology 2007; 360:419-33.
- Javanbakht H, Yuan W, Yeung DF, Song B, Li Y, Stremlau M, Diaz-Griffero F and Sodroski J. Characterization of Trim5alpha trimerization and its contribution to human immunodeficiency virus capsid binding. Viology 2006; 353:234-46.
- Yuan W, Bazick J and Sodroski J. Characterization of the multiple conformational states of free monomeric and trimeric human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) envelope glycoproteins after fixation by crosslinker. J Virol 2006; 80:8725-37.
- Li X, Li Y, Stremlau M, Yuan W and Sodroski J. Functional replacement of the RBCC domains of Trim5alpha by heterologous Trim Domain. J Virol 2006; 80:6198-206.
- Si Z, Vandegraaff N, O’hUigin C, Song B, Yuan W, Xu C, Perron M, Li X, Marasco WA, Engelman A, Dean M and Sodroski J. Evolution of a novel cytoplasmic Trim protein in cows that restricts retroviral infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2006; 103:7454-9.
- Mische C, Yuan W, Strack B, Craig S, Farzen M and Sodroski J. An alternative conformation of the gp41 heptad repeat 1 region coiled coil in the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) envelope glycoprotein precursor. Virology 2005; 338:133-41.
- Yuan W, Craig S, Yang X and Sodroski J. Inter-subunit disulfide bonds in soluble HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein trimers. Virology 2005; 332:369-83.
- Yuan W, Craig S, Si Z, Farzan M and Sodroski J. CD4-induced T-20 binding to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gp120 blocks interaction with the CXCR4 coreceptor. J Virol 2004; 78:5448-57.
- Yuan W and Parrish CR. Canine parvovirus capsid assembly and differences in mammalian and insect cells. Virology 2001; 279:546-557.
- Vihinen-Ranta M, Yuan W and Parrish CR. Cytoplasmic trafficking of canine parvovirus capsid and its role in infection and nuclear transport. J Virol 2000; 74:4853-9.
- Yuan W and Parrish CR. Comparison of two single chain antibodies which neutralize canine parvovirus – analysis of an antibody combining site and mechanisms of neutralization. Virology 2000; 269:471-480.
- Wang D, Yuan W, Davis I and Parrish CR. Nonstructural protein-2 and the replication of canine parvovirus. Virology 1998; 240:273-81.v
* Corresponding author.