The Vasectomy Reversal Procedure
Vasectomy reversal requires delicate and precise micro-surgical techniques, and experience is the most important key to a successful surgery. The state-of-the-art surgical facility at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville provides two experts in the field of male infertility: Dr. Raymond Costabile and Dr. Ryan Smith.
More about Dr. Raymond Costabile:
- He is a nationally-recoginzed expert in male infertility with over 20 years’ experience in the field. He has performed over 1000 microsurgical procedures, and is the author of numerous articles in top-level medical journals.
- He has appeared on television on Good Morning America, the Today Show and Primetime, and has had several columns in Men’s Health and other magazines discussing male infertility.
- He returned to the UVA after 28 years in the U.S. Army, where he had been the key military consultant for male infertility, and was awarded the coveted “A” designate from the Surgeon General for his work this field.
- During his service in the military, he commanded the largest combat hospital in Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and was awarded the Bronze Star and Legion of Merit during his deployment.
- Click HERE to view Dr. Costabile’s CV.
More about Dr. Ryan Smith:
- Dr. Smith is the newest addition to our faculty, and is an Assistant Professor of Urology at the University of Virginia.
- He is a devoted specialist in male infertility, with a fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX.
- He completed medical school and his residency in Urology at the University of Virginia, in Charlottesville, VA. He also has a long history of activity in local community and academic affairs.
- He had been honoted recently with a special film about his background and commitment to his profession. Please click HERE to view this short film about Dr. Ryan Smith.
- Click HERE to view Dr. Smith’s CV.
We can also help you with fertility issues…
In addition to the microsurgical treatment facility, the University of Virginia has expertise in the latest techniques for the treatment of male and female infertility. Contact us today and let us put our experience to work in solving your fertility issues.
Charlottesville is a great city, easy to get to from Baltimore, Washington, DC, Richmond, Northern Virginia, Southern Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, and West Virginia.
With a great airport just 10 miles from the hosipital, a trip from anywhere is simple — a simple decision to receive the care, the quality medical attention, the experience and the expertise in Vasectomy Reversals that is unmatched throughout the world.