Orientation Checklist for SMD2026
- Welcome video
- Quick read about WiFi access at UVA. Run the Network Setup Tool to get WiFi and a digital certificate on your devices
- Make sure you can login and read both of your UVA email accounts
- Here’s the scoop on passwords – you have several and they are not all the same!
- Establish your Turning Point account – this is our classroom response system
- learn.med (aka VMed) – our learning management system
- Intro video for learn.med
- The online testing system
- OASIS – don’t forget to watch the brief video!
- Speaking of things you’ll be doing, set up your UVA Zoom account
- And while you’re at it, maybe download the Office 365 apps for offline use. Get it from your firstname.lastname@example.org account.
- A couple of computing/security policies that you need to read – here
- Peruse a very quick how-to for printing in the Health Sciences Library
- Download an additional web browser beyond the one that comes with your operating system (Chrome or FireFox)
- Complete the Technology Setup quiz in Online Testing before 12:30pm on Thursday, August 4th.
We will hold drop in office hours during Orientation on Wednesday, Aug 3rd from 1pm – 5pm. Come see us in the Learning Studio if you need help or have questions!
or you can send mail to email@example.com and make an appointment