Preserving Your Smile
At UVA, you’ll have access to a full range of dental services, ranging from preventive care, cosmetic dentistry and gum disease treatment to special care for patients with medical needs, such as head and neck cancers or bleeding disorders.
We offer specialty services not found at most small private practices or other medical centers in the region, including:
- Facial pain and temporomandibular (TMJ) disorders clinic
- Restorative care and rehabilitation for patients with head and neck cancer tumors
- Clinic for high-risk patients, such as those with bleeding disorders, compromised immune systems or mental illness
- Medically necessary obturators
- Crown and Bridge work
- Oral surgery
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental treatment under general anesthesia in the operating room
- Consultation service for referring health care providers and emergency care through the Medical Center Emergency Department
- We also treat special needs patients with systemic disorders and developmental disabilities that require care in the hospital setting
Caring For Children
Your child’s doctor may refer you to the Children’s Hospital for treatment.
Many of our patients have diagnoses of autism, cerebral palsy or developmental and behavioral disorders and may not be able to be treated in a regular dentist’s office.
Our dental faculty and registered dental hygienists perform dental services, which include:
- Preventive and hygiene services
- Restorative care
- Prosthetic and adaptive appliances
- Minor orthodontics
- Consultation and referral for complex oral surgery, comprehensive orthodontics, and treatment under general anesthesia