The National Weather Service is forecasting an inclement weather event beginning late Thursday, 21 January. This forecast is still unpredictable. Our Incident Management Team will meet Wednesday afternoon and again Thursday morning to make decisions, so continue to monitor for updates.
To prepare yourself:
– Identify designated, non-designated, and work from home employees.
– We suggest all Team Members review their Family Emergency Plans and have a Go-Kit (Emergency Supply Kit) available in case schedules are altered or weather affects your ability to travel.
The following are resources that provide information about operations, expectations, and the latest forecast:
– UVA Hotline:
434-924-7669 or 434-243-7669
– Hospital Command Board:
– 511Virginia: Road conditions and other real-time travel information can be found on the 511 Virginia website www.511virginia.org, the free VDOT 511 mobile app, or by calling 511 from any phone in Virginia.
– Winter Weather Operations FAQ:
– Emergency Preparedness Information:
– National Weather Service (where the Health System retrieves weather information):
As of this communication, the Hospital Command Center and Hospital Command Board are not active; and the Hotline has not been updated. Please continue to monitor communications.
Robert T. Truoccolo, CEM
Emergency Management Coordinator
Disseminated under the authority of:
Thomas H. Berry, MHA
Emergency Services Director