There is a winter storm watch in effect from Friday morning through late Saturday night, 1/22-1/23/16.
NOAA winter weather watch link:
General Guidelines and Contacts:
- Facilities Management has confirmed that building emergency generators have fuel and are ready for operation in the event of power failures.
- If power is lost, Facilities will order dry ice and deploy caches in research buildings (standard delivery of 1 load to Snyder and 1 load to Jordan Hall loading dock.)
- If your area is affected by the weather (frozen pipes, flooding, loss of building integrity), the quickest way to initiate repairs is by phoning Facilities Management at 924-2267.
- If you contact Facilities and their response is delayed, please notify Jessica Hurley Smith, Randy Speight, or Bruce Shifflett.
- Please also consider signing up for SOM Alerts or UVA Alerts, by following the procedure at https://www.virginia.edu/uvaalerts/.
Jessica Hurley Smith
Director of Capital and Facilities Planning
Assistant Dean for Research