During the 2022 application and interview season, we are following the guidance of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and will restrict all our interviews to a virtual only format. We have come to believe that a virtual interview format has significant advantages in ensuring fairness and equity throughout the interview process. We will not conduct hybrid interviews and will not offer second look interviews to any applicant. We are only able to accept international applicants who hold a J-1 visa.
How to Apply
This is a two-step process. Application is conducted through ERAS. In order to actually apply to the program you must complete the second step.
- Enter ERAS application information anytime between June 8, 2022 – July 19, 2022. Documents will be accepted from ERAS only.
- Submit your ERAS application to the specific institution of your choice (i.e., University of Virginia). UVA begins reviewing applications on or after July 20, 2022.
- All interviews will be held in September and early October 2022.
- All interviews will conclude on or before October 15, 2022.
These documents are required in the ERAS system before we will evaluate your application.
- Common application form
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Three required (four recommended) letters of recommendation: one from your Program Director and 2 – 3 others from faculty at your present institution
- Wallet-sized color photograph
- USMLE transcripts
- ECFMG status report (foreign medical graduates only)