How to Apply
This is a two-step process. Application is conducted through ERAS. In order to actually apply to the program you must complete the second step.
- Enter ERAS application information anytime between July 1 and July 31. Documents will be accepted from ERAS only.
- Submit your ERAS application to the specific institution of your choice (i.e., University of Virginia). UVA begins reviewing applications in mid-July and all interviews conclude by October 31, 2019.
These documents are required in the ERAS system before we will evaluate your application.
- Common application form, personal statement, medical school transcript
- Three required letters of recommendation: one from your Program Director and two others from your present institution
- Wallet-sized color photograph
- USMLE transcripts
- ECFMG status report (foreign medical graduates only)
We accept J1 visas for our clinical fellowships. In the past we have sponsored H1B visas, but the applicant must be extremely well-qualified.