Patrick M. Dillon, MD
Assistant Professor, Medicine: Hematology and Oncology
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology & Oncology, University of North Carolina
- MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Virginia
Development of clinical trials in breast cancer; cancer immunotherapy; cancer survivorship improvement; cancer and aging.
Dillon specializes in the treatment of breast and skin cancers. His current research focuses on immune modulation for treatment of human cancers. He also leads clinical trials of chemotherapeutic agents for the treatment of breast cancer. He promotes cancer survivorship issues and takes an interest in early and late term side effects of cancer treatments.
- Romano AM, Wages N, Smolkin M, Fortune K, Atkins K, Dillon PM, Tubular carcinoma of the breast: Institutional and SEER database analysis supporting a unique classification., 2015; Breast disease. () . PMID: 25567000
- Dillon PM, Chakraborty S, Moskaluk CA, Joshi PJ, Thomas CY, Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma: A Review of Recent Advances, Molecular Targets and Clinical Trials., 2014; Head & neck. () . PMID: 25487882
- Dillon PM, Olson WC, Czarkowski A, Petroni GR, Smolkin M, Grosh WW, Chianese-Bullock KA, Deacon DH, Slingluff CL, A melanoma helper peptide vaccine increases Th1 cytokine production by leukocytes in peripheral blood and immunized lymph nodes., 2014; Journal for immunotherapy of cancer. 2() 23. PMID: 25126421 | PMCID: PMC4131803
- Marchetti MA, Noland MM, Dillon PM, Greer KE, Taxane associated subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus., 2013; Dermatology online journal. 19(8) 19259. PMID: 24021438
- Pritchard JE, Dillon PM, Conaway MR, Silva CM, Parsons SJ, A Mechanistic Study of the Effect of Doxorubicin/Adriamycin on the Estrogen Response in a Breast Cancer Model., 2012; Oncology. 83(6) 305-320. PMID: 22964943 | PMCID: PMC3677554