The Ophthalmology Department works in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs in the School of Medicine.
Fourth year medical students have the opportunity to participate in a two to four week rotation with Ophthalmology faculty and residents. Dr. Laura Cook is the supervising faculty member for the medical students.
Medical students have broad educational options in Ophthalmology, through work with faculty and residents in our clinic or surgery locations.
The School of Medicine also allows medical students from other institutions to rotate within its departments. Visiting medical students in Ophthalmology participate in a four week rotation and follow the same schedules as UVA medical students.
To inquire about Ophthalmology rotations at UVA, please contact our Education Coordinator, Debbie Perry, at (434) 982-1696 or email@example.com.
- UVA Medical Students Ophthalmology Interest Group: http://www.uvaophthalmology.20m.com/
- School of Medicine NXGEN Curriculum Page: https://med.virginia.edu/admissions/curriculum/
- School of Medicine Prospective Student Page: http://www.med.virginia.edu/
- San Francisco Match Program: http://sfmatch.org/
- Medical Student Elective Rotation in Ophthalmology: http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/handbook/electives/opthalmology/opthamology.cfm
- Medical Student Selective Rotation in Ophthalmology: https://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/CourseSites/ViewPage.cfm?id=709
- Visiting Medical Student Rotation in Ophthalmology: http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/handbook/electives/visiting/