Salary & Benefits
Housestaff are paid bi-weekly, receiving 26 paychecks per year. Pediatric resident stipend and benefits information can be found on the Graduate Medical Education’s Salary and Benefits page.
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020
|Clinical Psychology||PGY 1
- Malpractice insurance, life insurance, disability insurance at 70% of monthly pay, medical and dental insurance by MAMSI with minimal co-payments
- Three weeks vacation per twelve-month period, plus six days off over the winter break holiday, not including time away for educational purposes (five days annually)
- UVA GME Policy on Leaves of Absence
- Board prep material provided in PGY2 year
- Reimbursement for the cost of Step 3
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification in PGY1 year and recertification in PGY3 year
- Membership dues to the Academy of Pediatrics with subscriptions to Pediatrics, Pediatrics in Review, AAP Newsletter, Pediatric Infectious Disease, and Pediatric Annals
- Reimbursement for selected professional travel and allowances for educational expenses
- Funding for journals, and travel to meetings or off-site electives in PGY2 and PGY3 years
- Meals for residents required to remain overnight in the Hospital
- Gym and lounge facilities (The University’s athletic and recreational facilities may be used by residents for a nominal annual fee.)
- University-affiliated child care is located adjacent to the Children’s Hospital.