Instructions for Abstracts & Posters
- Abstracts will be accepted via the on-line submission form only.
- Deadline for submissions is January 27, by noon.
- You will be informed on or around February 10, 2020, if you should prepare your abstract as an oral or poster presentation.
- Please submit the abstract as a Word document, using Arial 11 pt. font.
- Include your name as part of the file name (i.e., Johnson-Mary-Abstract.doc).
- At the top of the document, bold the title and list the names of the authors, with the presenting author’s name underlined, i.e.:The effects of marigolds on men on the moon. Jones J, Smith RF, Parker G.
- Abstract should not exceed one page or approximately 350 words.
- Upload the file using the online submission form, and clicking the “Attach Abstract” button.
- Check the appropriate box on the submission form to indicate if the presenting author is a graduate student, resident, clinical fellow, research fellow, or other.
If you have problems with the submission process, contact Ginny Atwell:
VMA9T@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu / 434-243-6832
- Each poster will be assigned a number and a poster board location.
- Presenter is responsible for ensuring his/her poster is delivered and affixed to the poster board.
- Poster set-up begins at 9:00 am on the day of the event. Please have your poster up by 11:45 am.
- Poster session takes place from 12:15-1:30 pm on the event day. Even numbered posters will be presented from 12:15-12:45 and odd numbers from 12:45-1:15 pm. Presenters should be stationed by their posters and available to discuss them during these times.
- Posters must be removed by 5:00 pm.